Download VISA APPLICATION FORM
Embassy Bank Account details:
IBAN : DE58 1007 0000 0237 0088 01
BIC (Swift-Code) : DEUTDEBBXXX
The crossing of Mozambican borders must be performed by who are properly identified and authorized, subject to conditions established by the State concerned, as regards the entry, stay period, the conditions to do so and leave the country.
Entry visas for the Republic of Mozambique may be obtained at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, at Diplomatic and Consular Missions of Mozambique abroad, the Immigration Service.
The aim of this page is to provide useful information on the requirements for applying entry visa to Mozambique, kind of visa, fees and other modalities.
The general principle is that if you are not a Mozambican citizen, you MUST have a visa to enter Mozambique. However, citizens of the following countries DO NOT need visa:
- South Africa
If the purpose is to study, work or reside in Mozambique then a visa application is necessary
The general principle is that if you are not a Mozambican citizen, you MUST have a visa to enter Mozambique.
Passport holders and travellers coming to Mozambique from countries which do not have visa exemptions need to be aware of the legislation, particularly in respect of BORDER VISAS (those visas which can at times be purchased/ordered on entry into the country) and VISA FOR INVESTMENT ACTIVITY.
- BORDER VISAS are granted for people coming from countries where there is no Mozambican consular representation.
- Border visas may also be granted for tourism purposes to foreign nationals coming from a country where there is an Embassy or Consular
Representation of the Republic of Mozambique that, for duly justified reasons, has not been able to apply for a visa prior to his trip.
The border visa is valid for two entries and allows the holder to stay in the country for a period of up to 30 days, not extendable, counted from the date of the first entry.
- The VISA FOR INVESTMENT ACTIVITY is granted by the diplomatic and consular missions of the Republic of Mozambique to the foreign citizen investor,
his representative, or holder of management bodies of an investing company, observing all the legal terms. The VISA FOR INVESTMENT ACTIVITY allows
the holder to enter national territory for the purpose of implementing investment projects in the amount of US $ 500,000 or more, approved by the competent authority.
Citizens of Brasil, Cabo Verde, Guiné-Bissau, Portugal e S.Tomé e Príncipe, India,People's Republic of China,holders of an official or diplomatic passport DO NOT require a visa to enter Mozambique
- Submit an original passport, valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Mozambique and with at least 1 blank page for a visa. Amendment pages are excluded
- Duly completed Visa Application Form. It is very important providing all the information required, including the name and address of your place of stay in Mozambique. Be advised that lack of information may result in delay or even denial of your application.
- Submit two passport size photographs (passport photos must be in color and against a white background)
- Include a self-addressed envelope or a pre-paid air bill with a tracking number, unless the application is brought to the Embassy in person.
- Payments must be in Euros, and payable in cash to the Embassy of Mozambique or by bank transfer. After a payment you are entitled to a pick-up slip.
- Invitations by organizations operating in Mozambique or friends must be include a copy of their legal status issued by the Mozambican authorities.
- Invitations by non-citizens living in Mozambique must include a copy of “DIRE” as proof of residence.
- Groups of visitors invited by organizations are required to attach one invitation per visa application form.
- Persons under the age of 18 must attach a parental travel consent letter to the visa application form.
- The processing time for all kinds of visa is 10 working days for normal. Urgent Processing requires 3 to 4 working days and express services will take 2 working days.
- If the applicant has been in a Yellow Fever endemic country, the applicant must bring a Yellow Fever Certificate.
Types of visa and specific requirements
Business visa: When the purpose of entry is business related, A letter from applicant’s company or from the inviting company in Mozambique is required
Visit visa: A letter of the inviting part in Mozambique is required
Tourism visa: A copy of the flight itinerary and a copy from the hotel are required
Residence visa: A copy of the work contract (in Mozambique) and a copy of a police clearance (from the place of residence of the applicant) are required
Student visa: A letter from the applicant’s school; police clearance; confirmation letter from Mozambican schools are required
Transit visa: A visa for the final destination is required, unless this is the applicant’s country of origin or residence.
Visas can be Single or Multiple(only 3 months)